|end of year meme super-late (hah)
||[Feb. 14th, 2011|02:38 am]
So that there's something in here that isn't from high school:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
a.) moon_fox (because it's funny to put it that way) (a.k.a. Eliza)
b.) more seriously, stayed in MA for the summer (bad choice)
c.) also started doing layout and became editor for The Omen, a publication at my school. Note that this doesn't actually mean much (it's an... odd publication) but I like it.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my Quaker friends didn't give birth, but his girlfriend did. So... close?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada! I went to Montréal in May. Otherwise nothing.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?.
I did pretty well, really. More income would be nice, but honestly wasn't doing too bad there either. I guess I'll just say further stability and sanity -- that's always good, right?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Fuck no, I'm not choosing one. Especially as I tend to remember swathes of time better. I'll go with October 3-10 or so; lots of meaningful conversation with Eliza in that time.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Paying my own way for four months, at least, even if I regretted it afterwards (see: living in Western MA)
9. What was your biggest failure?
I really let some things drop in the fall semester; I wish I hadn't let EPEC or my work on Hampshire's academic software, TheHub fall by the wayside as much as I did.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious enough to remember!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A bunch of recording equipment! Mixer, new shiny soundcard, microphones, and I got a Roland A-80 (!) for just the cost of shipping. So that was awesome.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I really don't want to choose one person or group here; in general I'm pretty positive about what's going on around me. Perhaps I can just cop out and say "the people I love" or something. (Yeah, we'll go with that)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hampshire College, probably -- there's always a fight of the moment going on, and most of them are stupid. But I wouldn't go as far as to say appalled and depressed. After all, I live off-campus nowadays. I can ignore them! :D
14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably into living expenses in the summer; after that, recording equipment. Most of the money spent on me (if not by me) went to college, however.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Eliza visiting around the time of my birthday! It was pretty awesome.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Probably none of them; I'm always looking into new music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier, glad to say.
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same
iii. richer or poorer? richer, I guess; see also having income
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I'd say sleeping, but I did little enough of that anyway. Avoiding doing things? Especially cool things!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Eve: at Eliza's mother's house, wrangling the assorted dogs and getting some presents.
Day: at my house, pestering the cat and getting some presents. Then hanging out doing other shit like seeing the Nightmare Before Christmas (finally)
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I think it happened before that, but I guess?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Just starting to get into Doctor Who; probably that. Or just still Firefly. It's still good! (I'm not hackneyed REALLY >_>)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn't read nearly enough books to say.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
All of them! (cop-out, as I don't really remember everything I found in 2010 -- years take a long time and I discover new music very quickly)
28. What did you want and get?
A lot of shit. It was a good year. See... basically all my other answers?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Uh. I don't remember what all I watched. Certainly almost nothing that came out during the year, so it's probably moot.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
21. No drinking, but went to Hampshire's circus club, then came home and cuddled and watched TV on my computer. Good times.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Immeasurably? One thing? Probably nothing. Shit is complicated XD
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Same as usual: top of the pile.
(Edit: Eliza argues that this image, among others, suggests differently. But I argue that's not even close to most of the time :P)
34. What kept you sane?
A whole cocktail of things like having friends and things to do, getting exercise, etc. Like usual.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Uh. Probably privacy/anonymity/associated Internet bullshit, as usual. That is: nothing most of y'all are likely to care about. :P
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I'm going to cop out again and say all of the circus people at Hampshire. They're pretty awesome folk.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Takes me longer than a year to really learn things that are valuable. N/A
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
(irony: is actually a song lyric from 2010)